We study the stability analysis problem for switched linear descriptor systems. Assuming that all subsystems are stable and there is no impulse at the switching instants, we establish a new pairwise commutation condition under which the switched system is stable. We also show that when the proposed commutation condition holds, there exists a common quadratic Lyapunov function (CQLF) for the subsystems. These results are natural and significant extensions to the existing results for switched systems in the state space representation.
- Common quadratic Lyapunov functions (CQLFs)
- Impulse-free arbitrary switching
- Pairwise commutation
- Switched linear descriptor systems
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Computer Science Applications